Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why the Heck Do the Interwebs Need Another Running Blog?

For the most part the answer is, they don't. But that is not going to stop me from taking the time to set up one of these darn things and make regular posts about running. As I discussed with my fellow colleague and runner-friend, Heidi, who is also going to start blogging about running, everyone has their own experiences and everyone can offer a different perspective on the sport. I think people just like reading about other people like them and how they handle the day to day struggles we all face, especially when it comes to running. Long story short, I just want to throw my two cents out into the world in the hopes that someone finds what I have to say, motivating, encouraging, inspiring, informative, and maybe from time to time even a bit witty.

I am just going to throw this out there as the typical disclaimer - I am NOT a:
  • Doctor
  • Nutritionist
  • Personal Trainer
  • Physical Therapist
  • Psychologist
  • Running expert
  • Elite Athlete
However, in a nutshell here is what I am:
  • Wife
  • Mother Who Works Outside the Home
  • Runner (duh)
  • Type I Diabetic
  • Volunteer Coach for Marathon Makeover
  • Twin - figured I should throw that out there as it freaks people out who don't know this little tid bit about me
That's probably enough for now as I hate reading long blogs and I am sure others do too. I look forward to sharing my war stories from the road, and maybe the occasional trail.



2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I'll start running... But your motivation may help me start things I thought I couldn't... And if nothing else, I'll be a fan of your blog!

    ReplyDelete